Welcome to the Tectonic Geomorphology and GIS Lab
of the Chieti-Pescara University.
The TGM Lab is part of the Department of Engineering and Geology of the “G. d’Annunzio” University of Chieti-Pescara. In the Lab research and teaching activities are developed by two people as permanent staff and by several collaborators (PhD students, graduate students, collaborators).
The main subjects of our researches are:
- geological and geomorphological field mapping
- digital GIS geological, geomorphological, and geothematic mapping (commercial and open source software)
- aerial photo interpretation and remote sensing
- geomorphometry of orography and hydrography, terrain analysis
- meteoclimatic analysis
- tectonic geomorphology analysis
- multiparametric GIS analysis for the evaluation of hazard and susceptibility related to geomorphological processes.
Since more than 10 years the TGM Lab work on research and applied studies for public authorities, local governments and private companies.
Main partners: Geological Survey of Italy, drainage basin authorities, Abruzzo Region, Civil Protection Agency.